COVID-19 Resource Center
Core COVID-19 Calcs
Calcs for Scarce Resource Situations
Mortality and Risk Factor Odds Ratios
Expert Interview: Brescia-COVID Scale
High-Yield Clinician Resources
Want to Help? Contact Us
Core COVID-19 Calculators
As a thank you for being on the front lines, get up to 6 free AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM for these calcs.
What’s New This Week?
- Fri 4/17/2020: ROX Index for Intubation – Predicts high-flow nasal cannula (HFNC) failure/need for intubation.
- Fri 4/17/2020: SIC Score – Predicts likelihood of sepsis-induced coagulopathy.
Overall Hospital Management
ICU – Respiratory
ICU – ARDS and ECMO
ICU – Inflammation and Thrombosis
- HScore – Screens for cytokine storm (including in COVID-19), when immunosuppression may be helpful (immunosuppression controversial).
- SIC Score – Predicts likelihood of sepsis-induced coagulopathy.
- ISTH Criteria for DIC – Classically diagnoses DIC; one measure of COVID-19 associated coagulopathy, which was associated with poor prognosis.
Scarce Resource Allocation
- SOFA Score – Broad illness severity score; included in some scarce resource protocols.
- mSOFA – Broad illness severity; requires fewer labs than SOFA.
- Charlson Comorbidity Index – Widely used estimate of co-morbidity burden, estimates outcomes.
- RESP Score – Predicts mortality on ECMO.
Free AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Our thank you for caring for patients during this trying time. And a small bribe to encourage more COVID-19 learning 🙂
Enter your email, and when we launch MDCalc CMEs (Spring 2020) we’ll upload credits for all activities in this Resource Center.